Saturday, March 5, 2016

Bison Meat Loaf

When my husband goes shopping he always picks up some, well, uncommon stuff.
Last time I sent him to Costco he came back with ground bison meat.
I never cooked bison before (never even tasted).
and
I never every made a Meat Loaf.
So I had to start with something - and I started with this Food and Wine Bison Meat Loaf Recipe
Just altered it a bit.

INGREDIENTS

2 slices of white bread >> Replaced with 1/2 cup quick oats
1/3 cup milk
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated onion
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 pound ground bison
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon minced rosemary >> I have rosemary in the garden, so - fresh!


HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE

1. Warm up milk in the microwave and add oats to soak (while other ingredients are being prepared)
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. 
3. Put in the baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes covered. 
4. Sprinkle with cheese (optional) and bake another 5 minutes uncovered.

Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.

Yummy, juicy - will absolutely do it again!
Prep time is just about 10 minutes!
Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment