Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Potatoes a-la-Vit

Today in morning I opened my Facebook - to see what's happened in the World while I was sound asleep.

I saw a post from my friend - he was awake in the middle of the night (at 4am) - probably busy with Facebook - and he was begging somebody to cook potatoes for him - and even posted some pictures :)
So I decided to do it!
1. Peel 6 medium potatoes and 1 medium onion.


 2. Using a mandolin slicer - slice the potatoes in one bowl
and onions - in the other


 3. Get a baking pan, grease it a bit with olive oil and layer potatoes and onions
4. Once you run out of potatoes and onions - add some minced garlic and toss some fresh herbs (I used cilantro) 

 5. Now we're ready for the sauce - I used half-n-half, salt and pepper (milk and other spices will do too)
In a small bowl mix 2 cups of cream with 1/2 tea spoon of salt, add pepper, mix-mix-mix

 6. Add the mixture to the potatoes. Put in the oven. Bake at 385F for 40 minutes.
I baked it covered - my cream ran away a bit - so beware!
Open - sprinkle some grated Parmesan and cook uncovered for anotether 10 minutes.
Voi-la:

No comments:

Post a Comment